Meet The Architect
GFAB was established by Gary Fell in 1999 on the tropical island of Bali. He has since won honors for a multitude of successful projects throughout Asia Pacific. They currently have developments under construction in Indonesia, Thailand, India, Turkey, Vietnam, Cambodia and Australia, as well as Dubai and Hungary for the coming year. Their work comprises predominantly of residential, resort and community living undertakings for which they have received notable recognition. Gary’s eminence grows as he takes each new project to push the boundaries to new dimensions.
Winning Awards Include:
– 2014 South East Asia Property Award – Best Residential Interior Design & Best Villa Development
– 2013 SE Asia Property Awards, Asia Pacific – Best Development, Best Architecture Multiple Residence & Best Villa
– 2012 Google Bloomberg Asia Pacific – Best Architecture Multiple Residence
– 2013 Google Bloomberg Regional Award – Best Architecture Multiple Residence
ISTANA NAITHON Thailand
– 2011 Google Bloomberg World – Best Architecture Multiple Residence
– 2010 Google Bloomberg Asia – Best Development & Best Architecture Multiple Residence
– 2009 Conde Nast Awards – Worlds 10 Best Villa
Lombok Investment: High Demand – Low Supply
Lombok airport is witnessing the greatest increase of travelers in Indonesia:
- US$ 110 million new international airport opened in 2011
- 138% more flight arrivals in 2013 (YoY)
- and 214% in the first quarters of 2014 (YoY, source HVS)
- 374% increase in foreign tourist arrivals from 2012 to 2013
With more international flights to be added in the near future, the hotels and holiday lettings are starting to feel the squeeze:
- High-end accommodation occupancy levels are reported at 80% (TSI), with only 15% of the market being international brands.
- Voted as one of Agoda’s top ten fresh destinations in Asia
North Lombok and the Gilis were the main investment destinations in the past years. This has come to change with the relocation of the international airport just 25 minutes from the beaches of the South. Prices have since increased considerably but are still way below Gili’s, Senggigi and only a fraction of Bali’s, where sea view plots are a rarity due to the flat topography of the island.
The government is looking to transform the island into a major tourist destination to support the local economy and create an alternative to overcrowded Bali:
- US$ 300 million has been set aside to provide quality infrastructures (roads, electricity, hospitals, schools …)
- Kuta Lombok Mandalika has attracted several international brands to create an Eco-region with a golf course and natural parks; construction due to start August 2015
- Selong Belanak is emerging as a boutique resort destination and already has the name of Lombok’s Seminyak where individual villas are being added to unique hotels and restaurants.
The island is only at the beginning of its second investment cycle with undeniable upside potential. Selong One80 offers some of the most attractive prices in Lombok for unparalleled building quality.
Combine Lifestyle And Investment
Over 13% Annual Yield Paid In USD – No Currency Risk
Key-In Solution, No Unexpected Costs Or Stamp Duty
An Investment Where You Matter Most
We structured the ownership with three ambitions that are the backbone of the project:
- Your Property: enjoy your home as much as you want, we have no usage restriction at all. Just give us notice to your arrival and we will secure the dates for your holiday. The ownership structure has been prepared to give you maximum rights over your property.
- Your investment: be at the forefront of the wave of investments flowing into Lombok and take advantage of a low buying cost, well below Bali or similar destinations. Our selling prices reflect this difference and are at a discount of what you can find elsewhere, leaving you all the upside potential.
- Your holiday: enjoy your time in your house without having to care about the rental, the equipment, the bills or anything else other than relaxing and living it up with your family and friends. Your home will be fully managed, from hiring competent staff to marketing it through all the different channels.
Your investment is effortless. We take care of everything, from building your home to finding the best staff to manage it. Our local contacts are on the hunt for the best people to hire, with connections in and out of Lombok to guarantee a high level of service. In addition, we will look after your investment by finding the adequate channels to promote your property. Today’s rental tools have multiplied; conventional booking engines have to keep up with new strategies offered by social media websites which are taking now a big part of the business.
Developers, investors and villa owners have all learned from past experiences. Growth can only be sustainable if shared by the majority, especially when it concerns an unspoiled island blessed with amazing nature and a multitude of communities that makes the place unique. The team is working hard to provide:
- Jobs for nearby communities of the project to ensure they have equal prosperity
- Developments built in harmony with the surrounding nature, respecting not only the landscape but every aspect that made us fall in love with the island in the first place
- A balanced growth, ensured year after year, by focusing on environmentally-friendly management. This can only be achieved by educating everyone involved to lower our carbon foot print on a daily basis.